We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 25 January 2010

Challenge 13 - Hearts & Romance and our new teamie!

Wow wow wow! Thank you for all your entries for our last challenge What's New? Seems like we all had a visit from santa or have (many!) things we've never opened before as we had a record number of entries - 101!
Also a huge thank you to the delightful Tracey Coates for beong our special guest. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots more of Tracey and her designs this year and I can't wait to see what she's got up her sleeve!


Thank You also to The Stampman for sponsoring our last challenge and I hope some of you managed to catch Jill on C&C last week!


The winner of The Stampman voucher is.....



And the winners of the Top 3 blinkie in no particular order are...





Well done ladies! Please grab your Top 3 blinkie from the sidebar :)


*****************************************
CHALLENGE 13 - HEARTS & ROMANCE
Our challenge for you is Hearts & Romance. It doesnt have to be Valentines, it could be a thinking of you, with love etc Nice and easy this one! There is a heart shaped easel card tutorial here if you fancy having a go at that, its simples, promise!


We're sponsored once again by the ever delightful Joanna Sheen who is currently across the pond at the CHA. Can't wait to see what new goodies she brings back! What's new at Joanna Sheens?

"We have a new, beautiful CD called "In Other Words". The illustrations have all been done by Lois Miles and together with a bit of JS Magic there are amazing backing papers and toppers, word cards and stationery sets - everything to make some really fun projects.

There's a video in our video section showing you what's inside the CD and some beautiful samples in a separate video too. This is one of those CDs that you will turn to time and time again for something a bit different and oh so pretty!


We also have fantastic new Country Life rubber stamps - a new format with a very long thin sheet so lots of value and some wonderful scenic stamps! There is a samples video for those too!"




Just a quick reminder - Please follow the challenge and rules. We can only accept up to 3 entries per challenge to make it fair to newer crafters or those who are a bit slower at crafting. Any entries in excess of 3 will be deleted and it does take time checking them all and I know some of you are ever so keen but I have to draw the line somewhere to make it fair to all.

Please leave a link to your entry in the comments box below Chelsea's questions and answers below. This challenge closes at 12pm GMT on Monday 8th February.


We are joined today with a new teamie who some of you might be familiar with :)
Let me introduce you to our latest design team member - Vicky from Kip's Cards! Vicky has kindly agreed to join our merry bunch and we're thrilled to have her! I'll let her start the ball rolling with some examples to inspire you!
Welcome to the team Vicky!






Vicky
First of all can I just thank Vix and the team for asking me to join...I am really excited though a bit nervous, but here goes...This week's challenge is " Heart's and Romance " so I decided to make an Engagement/Anniversary card.I have kept it pretty simple...I think these occassion card's look very elegant in a white theme and not over embelished.I used a decoupage sheet from craft creation's, after cutting and assembling with silicone I sprayed the image with a gloss varnish.Nestie's, Martha Stewart punch, ribbon and a Jewel flourish to finish...oh and a bit of antique linen distressing ink that I added sparkle to with ultrafine glitter.






I had a plain cream card blank and I matted dark brown card on to this. I then mounted a piece of background paper I had made myself by sponging distress inks onto copier paper (antique linen, weathered wood and vintage photo). I then crumpled the paper up, opened it out and swiped lightly over the top with vintage photo distress ink. It gives a lovely marbled look. The main image is from the Elusive Images set Paris Postcard which was stamped in Distress Ink onto parchment coloured paper with Vintage Photo. I tore the edges and then rubbed them with Weathered Wood, then rolled one corner. This image was mounted onto dark brown card with a piece from a french novel underneath. The Paris ticket and Ooh la la! also came fro Elusive Images, again stamped with Vintage Photo and dabbed with weathered wood. The ribbon was once white but, again (lol), coloured with Vintage Photo. The flower was made by stamping flowers in two sizes in Vintage Photo (stamps by Artistic Stamper - Flower Power) onto to paper from the Paper Cellar (Victorian Classics Pad), dabbing with weathered wood and antique linen, curling the edges and sticking them together




I used a pale green card and then in the centre of it added a square of silver textured paper and added a circle of bronze coloured paper and arranged 4 different coloured hearts so that the points at the bottom of each of them was on the circle and the top of the hearts were in each corner of the square paper, next I added two small strips of double sided tape to the circle and added the top layer of heart shaped pieces so that they are in line with the first layer, next I added four larger heart shapes to each corner of the card & finished it with a "With Love" sentiment & a circle of silver glitter glue to the centre of my Heart Flower.



Judie






Hi guys, this weeks challenge is hearts & flowers, now as everyone knows im not to good with the colour Pink and Red, so i have gone the opposite way "BLACK" - I have tried to create a classy card - I used a white card with black and silver hearts backing papers, distressed the edges with black soot. Made my on sentiment as it means more to me, done with black card and silver pen, added some silver corner pieces that i have been harbouring for far to long !!! I used a couple of red flowers and made some black leaves and added some keys attached with a red brad. Hope you like it, thanks for looking xx



I have made a simple card for this challenge, with simply matting papers and using stickers. I think it just shows that a simple technique still makes a nice card.





I used sketch # 150 from CPS for the layout and was initially inspired to incorporate the packaging from some Papermania spotty buttons that I had bought to make a shaker card.
The heart paper is an old HOTP one. The red paper and letters are from a freebie paper pack from a magazine. The Forever Friends bear is a sticker and the flowers are various Primas layered together with a silver beadcap and a spotty brad on a Sizzix diecut corner.





Mine is a heart shaped easel card which I did freehand. Part the way through I thought hmmm I could write a tutorial on this so thats what I've done HERE! The image is from My sentiments exactly and I've had it a loooong time. Its stamped and embossed on distress ink background (tutorial for that is here) To make the colours more vibrant I rubbed essential oil over the ink (so it smells nice too!) Image is coloured with promarkers and papers are DCWV and HOTP. The writing in the heart is done with Moonshadow Ink and a fountain pen :)



Now let me have the pleasure of introducing our special guest for you for this challenge who is Chelsea from Crafting Life's Pieces.





Chelsea first came to my attention when she entered our challenge 9 with some jaw dropping work. I had a good look round her amazing blog and saw she was uniquely talented, she doesn't make cards, she makes masterpieces, each one a work of art. I asked her there and then if she'd like to special guest for us. Pop over to her blog, you wont be disappointed!


Chelsea also has her own range of stamps - Gurlee Girl which she has used one of them on her design for us. Thank you Chelsea!



SPECIAL GUEST DESIGNER - CHELSEA - CRAFTING LIFE'S PIECES





Our questions for Chelsea....


1. How long have you been crafting and what kind of things do you make?



I have been crafting since my high school days. I enjoy making cards and scrapbook pages.



2. What are your favourite materials to work with?

I have a couple of those! First would have to be papers, flowers, lace, and charms. Other favorites includes paper punches, chalk ink, ribbons, and my sewing machine.




3. What do you most love about your craft(s)?



I love the fact that I'm able to bring my ideas on to paper. It's one thing to see it in your head, but it's another when the completed project in front of you.



4. What are your achievements and future plans?

My biggest achievement was launching my Gurlee Girl stamp line back in July 2009. I look forward to adding more cute images to my collection and expanding my online shop.



5. Your top 3 tips



1 - store your ink pads and pens with the tip down


2 - add chalk to the back of the sticker where you don't want it to stick...did you get that one? :)


3 - to keep your scissors sharp, cut through a piece of foil

EMAIL ENTRIES

By Carol G (25th Jan @ 20:43 - Entry No.4)

139 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me as GDT. The sample cards are so wonderful and I've learned alot from all the wonderful tutorials on your blog. Love your challenges and will have to play again. Thanks again ladies...I'm so honored! :)Chel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi , wow gorgeous cards by the Design Team, Chelsea's is especially fab! My entry can be seen HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the DT creations. They are so inspiring. I'll be checking back later for that heart easel tutorial. Here is my card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards ladies, love all of the designs, I will look forward to the tutorial Vix. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my card, fantastic DT samples! WOW- Chelsea's card is AMAZING!!!

    Hugs,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. here's my card
    http://creatingisfun.blogspot.com/2010/01/mg33-shapes.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Challenge ladies and the DT work is fabby You can view my entry Here
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great DT cards and challenge.

    Here is My Card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful DT creations! Here's mycard

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's my card: http://nataljali.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. And here :) http://nataljali.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_6602.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. And last one :) http://nataljali.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_9508.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful DT projects.
    you can find mine here...
    http://queeniesscrapmad.blogspot.com/2010/01/valentine-card-and-altered-wooden-heart.html
    Thanks for looking.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is Mine

    I'm so grateful for what I am learning here! Great job DT! Wonderful Tutorials here too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great challenge and wonderful cards! Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this romantic theme girls , you can view my entry here
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here's my card: http://mariyca.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great challenge Here is my card

    LISA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great creations DT!
    My card is here
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the interview, looking forward to the heart easel tutorial.You gals always come up with great stuff.
    Here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brill cards from the DT again, also some lovely cards already xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards from the DT and congrats to Chelsea for being the special guest. I love her card. It so beautiful and her stamps. My card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous work, everyone! Thanks for a fun challenge!

    Here is my project

    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous DT cards and great challenge! Here is my entry!

    hugs,

    Mélanie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely theme and great examples!
    My card is here
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great challenge ladies and the DT cards are lovely , I made another entry here
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the great challenge, the DT cards are just beautiful! Here is my card, please come and take a look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! Wonderful inspirations. I really enjoyed reading all about Chelsea and seeing her talent!!!
    You can go here to see my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely DT cards and great challenge. nnalorac.xx
    http://somethinggonemissing.blogspot.com/2010/01/youre-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for a fun challenge! You can see my card HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great challenge I love the DT creations


    Here is my entry

    X Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Моя открытка http://bymaga.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_6574.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful DT creations.
    My Entry Here!

    Many thanks ladies.
    Hugs
    Lisa aka allissa.xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Brilliant work from everyone. Great job Chelsea
    Mines is HERE
    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great cards everyone. Here's mine, thanks for looking:

    kamadesign

    ReplyDelete
  36. hi my entry is on my blog
    debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Who doesn't love a little romance Here's Mine
    Thanks for looking
    Hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great cards from the DT. I had fun with this challenge. Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for the inspiration. My entry is here:

    http://kimskraft-e-korner-kim.blogspot.com/2010/01/white-on-white-challenge-valentine.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awesome challenge! Here is my card. Thanks for looking!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi great DT creations fab challenge heres mine

    Thanks Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations, Beverley!!!



    Mine is HERE

    Great DT samples!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful creations!!
    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  44. What cute cards DT. Here is my card http://craftergm.blogspot.com/search/label/Craft%20Challenge
    Card Thanks Gloria M.

    ReplyDelete
  45. OH WOW! I just NOW saw that I was one of the Top 3 for last week's What's New challenge!! That is so exciting since I'm a new blogger and I am so flattered beyond belief. Thank you! I will wear the blinkie with much honor.

    The challenge this time is a good one I think and all the DT cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  46. lovely cards,here is my entery:
    http://kalalayaa-artclub.blogspot.com/2010/01/hi-all-i-finished-these-two-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great theme this week, love the DT cards too. Here's my card
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  48. Another great challenge and fab DT cards. Here's mine - thanks for looking.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Chelsea's card is amazing!!
    here's mine, thanks for looking:
    http://pixiepie.vox.com/library/post/day-4-prince-ian.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hello again,
    Here is my third and final entry.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great DT cards here's mine Thanks for looking. Juls

    ReplyDelete
  52. here is my card http://handmadebyalice.blogspot.com/2010/01/with-love-on-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  53. Gorgeous DT cards and great challenge!
    Here me work
    hugs Ula

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful cards from the team. Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks for the challenge! Love all the DT-cards. Here is my card
    Hugs Monika

    ReplyDelete
  56. How fun! A very appropriate challenge :) Here's my card

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Great DT cards fab ch. heres mine

    thanks Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  58. Gorgeous DT work, all so beautiful. you can see mine here

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wonderful works from the DT

    Here is my Card

    Thanks for looking

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thanks for the challenge. I love the DT's cards and I like the question and answers...very helpful...Here is my entry":
    http://kimskraft-e-korner-kim.blogspot.com/2010/02/vintage-valentine-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  61. Great Challenge and the DT"S cards are fabulous! My card is found here: http://alstromeriaartistry.blogspot.com/2010/02/this-card-is-for-lili-of-valley.html

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great Ch. & DT cards another entry from me
    heres mine

    Thanks Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  63. The DT cards are gorgeous as always, my card is Here

    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  64. My first card is here
    Thanks for a fab challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Here's another for me:

    http://kimskraft-e-korner-kim.blogspot.com/2010/02/teddy-bear-valentine.html

    ReplyDelete
  66. Here is my card:

    http://byloridesigns.blogspot.com/2010/02/wild-flower-kids-release-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  67. I just had to have another go as <a href="http://craftysusielou.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-first-edwin.html>this card</a> seemed to fit as well! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  68. Another lot of fab cards! here is mine.
    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  69. Here is my third and final entry for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hiya
    I lvoe all of the DT cards, especially Lisa's one with the toroises, they are soooo cute :-)
    My Card
    Tasha
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  71. Great work by the DT. You'll find my entry HERE
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  72. Another great challenge! My card is here - http://scrappydoodledoo.blogspot.com/2010/02/hearts-and-flowers.html
    Best wishes Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  73. Gorjuss design team work! thanks for such a lovely challenge
    here's my entry thanks for looking

    hugs carlyann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  74. Hi lovely DT cards as usual ;-)

    Here is mine!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  75. Super samples and challenge!

    2 cards entered in this post

    ReplyDelete
  76. Thats my card http://antjesbastelseite.blogspot.com/2010/02/tilda-in-love.html
    Antje xxx

    ReplyDelete
  77. LOVE the DT Cards! They are all gorogeous! This was a fun one! Here is My Card

    ReplyDelete
  78. Great theme. My second entry is HERE
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  79. You'll find my 3rd entry HERE
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  80. WOW...What a fun site! Glad I found you! Love all the information you have to offer us and the inspiration form your DT is awesome! I am going to submit a card for this challenge too!! You can view it at The Paper Palace.....I hope you like it! Thanks so much....

    ReplyDelete
  81. This is the first time I've entered one of your challenges - but I'll definitely be back again! You can see my card here. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  82. Just had to enter this card from your tutorial. It's Here
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  83. great inspirations! Here is my entry!
    http://kymkreations.blogspot.com/2010/02/love-of-my-life.html

    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  84. The DT have made some lovely cards. Very inspiring.

    Here's my card.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  85. Great theme. You'll find my card here:

    http://www.sandyandandy.com/2010/02/4-valentines-2

    ReplyDelete
  86. love this love in the air!!
    So here is my card
    HERE IT IS

    ReplyDelete
  87. Love the love challenges, my effort for my husband this valentine's...
    Here

    ReplyDelete
  88. Great cards everyone. Here is my card
    http://unicorncards.blogspot.com/2010/02/hearts-and-romance-card_07.html
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  89. Made another card this weekend so thought I would give it another go. Here it is. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  90. WOW what a lot of fabulous entries for this Challenge, I'm really going to enjoy going through these.
    Jackxx

    ReplyDelete
  91. Good grief, what a lot of entries, and as usual I am near the end!! Must get more organised, nearly missed this one.

    Here it is

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.