We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 22 February 2010

Challenge 14 - Digital Delights & a new newbie!

Wow again! We broke our record again for challenge #13 Hearts & Romance so thank you all very very much for your entries! In total there were 138 so picking a top 3 has been a mission! I've also picked up some future special guests among entries too so watch out for them in the coming weeks :)
Thanks to Joanna Sheen for being our sponsor once again, she's just back from CHA lucky thing!
Thanks also to the totally amazing Chelsea for being our special guest designer. Chelsea has just got on the Magnolia down under design team so well done to her woo hoo!!


********************************************

Winner of Joanna's £10 voucher is.... 77 - Alice



Top 3 Blinkie awards go to....

Debbie - My thread on paper

Susie Lou - Crafty Susie Lou

Josephine - Josephine's Rainbow

Well done ladies, please grab yourself a top 3 blinkie in the sidebar x

***************************************


CHALLENGE 14 - DIGITAL DELIGHTS



Our challenge this fortnight is to use digital elements, be that digital stamps, printed papers or sentiments on your design. So long as you use a computer generated bit thats fine!



I have a tutorial coming up very very soon on how to merge 2 images and also a basics one on resizing in word for people who have never used a digital stamp before. You'll find that here.


We are sponsored for this challenge by Dewdrop Craftz who have an online shop for digital and polymer stamp images. They like to be a little bit different so you'll find manga inspired images through to cute critters. One of my personal favourites is the butterfly swirl as I find her such a pleasure to colour in and practice my blending!
The prize Dewdrop Craftz is offering is the brand new digiz release designed by Tasha of the Sugar Be-Zus which you will find here The winner will receive the whole set of the new release Bees! Fantastic, thank you Nikki! Pop on over and have a peek at the great array of digiz available, there's something for every taste :)

Here's a sneak peek of one of these delightfully cute digital stamps. This one is Baby Snuggles (Go on say it..... Ahhhhhhhh!)





Please post your digital entries in the comments box below and link to your actual project. If you're unsure how to do this there are instructions here

Challenge 14 digital delights closes at 12 noon GMT on 22nd February.



May I also introduce you to our new Newbie Elly! Elly has been making cards for about 6 months but is very keen and not afraid to get stuck in and have a go :) Welcome to the team Elly! Here's a bit about her :)

Elly – I am 58 years young and live in Derby in the UK with husband Gary. We have 7 children between us. 5 are mine 2 are Gary’s. They have all left home now and are doing well for themselves.I have 4 and a bit grandchildren and I took early retirement from work (I worked in the legal profession) so now I have all day to myself to craft. I have always been a crafter of sorts and have in the past doneMachine Knitting which I taught at a college in the evenings. I have done crochet quilling and tatting and also bobbin lace which was so enjoyable. I have also done very fine cross stitch and beading and made some lovely framed wall pictures mainly of fairies and fantasy figures as I love that sort of thing. Six months ago I got interested in card making and the amount of gadgets/card stock and accessories I have collected is amazing !! lol I thought it was going to be a cheap hobby. I have never stopped spending and enjoying every minute of it heheheeee. I was very happy when I was asked to become a member ofCrafty Cardmakers Design Team and look forward to getting to know you all.

And onto the design team creations using digital elements. Thanks ladies you've done a cracking job!



Elly



I downloaded the digi stamp from Fred She Said Designs and layered together. Fixed the digi stamp to white card stock which I had previously scored twice and placed green cs between the score lines. Printed off a sentiment from Word and layered this onto mirri board and matching green cs. Added some gems !! Rounded my corners with a corner punch.


Jack

I used backing paper and images from Joanna Sheen's Jayne Netley Mayhew's Collection CD. I printed out the fishy backing paper and the toppers which I decoupaged. The buttons are from my stash, and I ran a gold border peel-off round the edge of the backing paper.




I used a green card then added the picture of the castle wall, with the drawbridge to the top left hand corner of the card leaving a small green margin at both the top & left hand side, and then added a picture of a dragon ... I coloured them both using watercolour pencils and stuck them on the card using double sided tape, next a coloured the little dragon which I put in the bottom right hand corner using foam pads.






I have chosen Betty Boop as my digi image, have had her a while, so thought this is the perfect time for her. I have coloured her in, using brush strokes, added glossy accents to her hair to make it puff out and added some ultra fine glitter to it to give it a shine. Rooted around in my jewellery offcuts tin and found this little heart and string of flowers. Used My punches to make a border instead of using ribbon.




Digi image challenge, I was so looking forward to this challenge as I love my pro markers at the moment. Thought I would try to do something different to what I normally do and my magazine came with an article on waterfall cards, thought I would give it a go. I am quite please with the way it turned out even though it is my 2nd attempt. It is one of those techniques once you have done one it is easy to do another.










I've used a large 8 x 8 card blank. The dig stamp is from Karen's Doodles, coloured with promarkers and cut out with nestie circles.. Papers are Imaginisce (green) and Bo Bunny (pink & green spots), with coredinations cardstock. Sentiment is computer generated, added fabric flowers, silver bead caps, large green half pearls and pink raffia lace from stash. Used the Bo Bunny paper on the inside, cut with a Martha Stewart doily lace trim punch.









I used an image from Pink Petticoat and printed it out 3 times so I could decoupage certain parts of it. I have coloured it in using my Promarkers and added Stickles glitter glue to highlight certain parts. I have added bling to the flower centres to add a bit of sparkle.
The layout of the card is sketch #69 from Eat Sleep Stamp. The patterned papers are from Doodlebug and Ki Memories and the sentiment is a magazine freebie.
For the insert I have combined 2 freebie digi images and put the sentiment inside the heart frame. There are loads and loads of free digi images available around the net and I hope you will have a go yourself. I use a program called Xara but most images can very simply be printed from Word so you don't need to buy an expensive program to have a play with them.





Toria






Vicky





Our challenge this week is Digital Delight's, I thought this free image by Selina Fenech would be great to practice my copic's, I am no expert with copic's,and sometimes do a bad job with them. My moto lately is if you don't try how do you know if you can do a good job...these pen's take practice and time,there is a lot of help on the net and in blogland to learn how to use them, lately I have really enjoyed seeing people use them in a water colour effect, my attemptshow's how I used several different shades, hopefully with more practice I will improve and feel more confident.




For this challenge I have used a number of images by Dewdrop Craftz. They are Summer Flower Girl, the dragonflies and snails and the fox and chick are from the Animals/Bugs mega pack set.


I used Paint shop pro to create layers and resized the animals and bugs and have added the fox both in front and behind the girl and put the chick in her hand (Its a little bit complicated to explain so I've wrote a photo tutorial which is coming very soon!)


It was coloured with promarkers. I actually coloured her in another colour then found I had no stash to match *doh* Something you really have to retrain your brain to do is to find stash first THEN colour lol! The sky is done with cut n dry foam and brilliance sky blue swiped from side to side, press down harder in some areas for the streaky bits.





All papers are courtesy of my SU Rep Helen who was having a clearout and she also gave me the fiskars scallop punch. The twine is some raffia ribbon I cut down and some I sharked from DD1 who got some flowers from her OH and I kept the twine as I thought it would be useful (smile)



We have no special guest designer for you this time, we do however have 2 tutorials on using digital stamps coming right up!


The first one on resizing your image is HERE

115 comments:

  1. Great challenge idea! I am using digital things all the time on my cards :) I think it should be promoted more...Here's my take: Card

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work from the DT very inspiring. heres my card

    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies, i have one more to enter heres my card
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards by the DT. My card can be found HERE.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am starting to use digi stamps more and more. Here is the link to my card http://jkfitzgerald.blogspot.com/2010/02/tons-of-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come by Big Mamma's house right <a href="http://bigmammasstampinhouse.blogspot.com/2010/02/xoxo.html>here</a>

    I love digi and I love your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous dt cards ,thanks fo much for the tutorials too,
    HERE is my card
    lalkyirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonerful challenge!
    here's mine
    hugs carlyann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the inspiration!

    http://kymkreations.blogspot.com/2010/02/wish-for-girlfriend.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the DTs cards this week - really fab
    Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's my card

    http://hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com/2010/02/im-good-friend-to-ewe.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun! Here is my card:
    http://karin-withaniforpaper.blogspot.com/2010/02/ladybug-hugs.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - this is the first time I have entered your challege which is right up my street!!!

    My card is here


    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great challenge ladies and the DT cards are lovely , you can view my entry here
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful challenge!!!
    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love using digital stuff, thanks for the challenge :)
    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome Elly!! It's a small world, I am also in Derby, Near the city center.

    Here is my entry

    The dts creations are lovely, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, your creations are great. here's my card

    Lynne.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in Love with Digi Stamps!!! I used a digi from Digital Doodling (loving Cupid) and some Conversation Hearts from The Cutting Cafe...You can see it at my blog, The Paper Palace!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the design samples, ladies! Awesome.

    Here's my entry using a digital image.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great challenge!! Here is my card http://sillyscrap.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentine-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great challenge and fabulous projects! Here is mine!

    http://lisashandmadecards.com/i-love-you-ladybug-valentine-card/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello,
    Thanks for the pportunity!Great cards.Greetings from Spain.
    Here´shttp://tkosik-miskosikas.blogspot.com/2010/02/card-for-men-tarjeta-para-hombres.html my card

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great DT samples! You can see my card HERE.

    Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great challenge and lovely DT work. You can see mine here

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great Challenge and gorgeous DT creations!

    Here is my entry!

    Hugs,

    Mélanie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love using my computer and digital images/elements
    Lovely cards from all the DT Here is my card
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great challenge!! I am finally getting comfortable with digis. Here is a digital image from Sugar Creek Hollow, a new vintage/primitive digital stamp company that will be opening March 1st. Here’s my card and thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hiya
    Great DT work and super theme.
    My entry can be seen here.
    Thanks
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am not a nwe card maker/blogger, but I am new to digi stamps. I am looking forward to your tutorial on how to merge 2 digi images together. This is my card here. Take care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brillient work by the Dt's you can find my entry HERE

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE digi stamps and digi paper. I used both on my card! I enjoyed the great eye candy! My card is
    Here

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi great cards you can find my card HERE

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely cards everybody, here is mine
    http://cardarianshappyplace.blogspot.com/2010/02/dobro-jutro-danes-je-res-dobro-jutro.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi girls
    This is my first time playing along. You'll find my card here
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Brilliant challenge. Great work from everyone. Congrats on your new DT member
    Here's my entry!

    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great challenge, fab DT Cards, Here's my card
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous work from the DT. Here is my entry.
    Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely cards from the DT. My card is HERE
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely DT cards, here's my entry
    http://sharon79-sharonscraftyplace.blogspot.com/2010/02/chinese-new-year-card.html
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Some fab DT work there girls. Anyway, here is my entry
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great cards by the DT's
    here is my entry

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi, here's mine, http://justsoducky.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-hop-begins-at-1201am.html

    great cards guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. here's my card!
    http://craftingwithdarsie.blogspot.com/2010/02/better-than-chocolate.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a great challenge! I love digis!

    My entry is here.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi again! I made a second creation, you can find it here!


    hugs,

    Mélanie

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am finally getting into the digis and had some on hand to participate.
    Here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great challenge! Gorgeous cards! Here is my card.

    hugs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow some gorgeous DT examples.

    here is my card

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow! Thanks for the top three award! I'm chuffed. And here's my entry for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great theme and lovely DT cards. You can see my card here. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  52. Fab work from the DT, will done folks.
    Mine is here

    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lovely cards I have made one with Mammy's promarkers hope you like it .. My Card

    ReplyDelete
  54. Awesome challenge! Here is my card. Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great challenge ladies and the DT cards are lovely , you can view my entry here
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  56. Fab challenge and tutorial, gorgeous DT cards
    here's my entry
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love digital stamps!! Brilliant DT cards once again.

    Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great challenge ladies and the DT cards are lovely , you can view my 2nd entry here
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  59. Here is another one from me :) You can see it here. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great Dt cards and really helpful tutorials. I have used the resize one already. Here is my card Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  61. stunning card by the DT this is my card,
    digital delights love cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  62. So excited to play along! http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/2010/02/challenge-14-digital-delights-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  63. Cute Tut and great Cards your DT's Done :) Here's Mine
    Thanks for looking
    Hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  64. Nice challenge ladies and fab DT work.
    here my card
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love my digi's so here is another one from me. You can see it here. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  66. here you go 1st one.great dt work .liz xx

    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  67. Only my second time with a digi! Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  68. Fabulous work, everyone! Thanks for a fun challenge!

    Here is my project

    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow! Great cards! My project is Here

    ReplyDelete
  70. Fab DT cards. You'll find my card HERE
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  71. Wow fabulous creations as always!
    Here is my entry

    http://daziepatch.blogspot.com/2010/02/fab-digi-for-challenge.html

    Thank you
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thanks for the challenge! Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  73. Wonderful Challenge and great job!!!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oooh I love Digi images. Great DT inspiration. Here's mine! xx Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  75. such gorgeous DT cards..and I have decovered a few new digi stamp companys so ta for that.
    here's mine Thanks for looking Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  76. Here is my third and final entry for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I am going to embark on digi stamps but until I get some I have done a computer sentiment. Here it is. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  78. Thanks for the challenge! Love all the DT-cards. Here is my card
    Hugs Monika

    ReplyDelete
  79. fab inspiration from the DT
    http://wiccababe.blogspot.com/2010/02/digistamp-boutique-gdt-isabella-freddie.html

    ReplyDelete
  80. This was a wonderful challenge, thanks for letting us play with you!
    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  81. Your Dt's Have done a beautiful job
    Here's Mine
    Thanks for looking
    Hugs Nikki
    P.S. Also have some Digi Candy too

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thanks for great challenge .Love dt work
    Here’s my entry
    hugs jude:)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Excellent choice for a theme and I loved the tutorials. My card is here
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  84. so sorry my link didn't work, it went back to you!
    My digi card is here

    I hope!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.