We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 19 July 2010

SPOTLIGHT CHALLENGE - EASEL CARDS

We're baaaaack! Welcome to our very first spotlight challenge! These will run alongside our regular fortnightly challenge here but they are challenge in their own right and also run for a fortnight.

On the spotlight challenge we will look at a style of card, technique or product with the team making various wonderful samples which should give you loads of ideas. They are just for fun, no pressure challenges so no Top 5 but we will offer candy from time to time.

You will notice that the team also do the challenge from last week (which is still open for another week which you will find HERE) It is so that we all get a chance to play it but you may choose to also do that in which case pop your entry in both or you may just play the spotlight challenge, its no different than combining challenges :)

For our spotlight this time we are looking at EASEL CARDS so we would like to see your easel cards. If you've never made one before there is a good clear tutorial over at Dewdrop Craftz you will find here. Perhaps you're feeling more adventurous so have a peek at the heart shaped easel tutorial here. Once you understand how they work then you'll see by the examples you can make any shape you like :)

I'm offering a little candy for this challenge which includes some wild orchid flowers, prima wildflowers, sticky gems and stamped images.

Lets have a look at the teams marvellous creations!




I took my inspiration from the colours and the hearts in the photo and decided to make an easel card. I decided on a hexagon. Don't ask how long it took to get the shape right! I made a template and cut out the card and the DP the sizes I wanted. I used Basic Grey Kioshi DP and inked all the edges with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. The Forever Friends image is coloured with Promarkers. The card candy and punched heart are also coloured with DI and I added stickles to the heart. I finished off with a Craftwork cards sentiment and some lace, buttons and string.






The colors were my inspiration. The card was cut with the Cricut Expression using Life's A Beach. The fish is cut from felt and then coated with stickles. The fish bowel is cut from acetate and pop doted, and I added blue/green beads as the gravel.



Here's my Easel Card. As with last week's effort, I've used the love-hearts colours but cut out a butterfly shape from an A3 card folded in 3. The lovely blue paper is, I think, DCWV. Inside is lined with teal glitter paper and the iridescent material is Fantasy Film.


Vix


For this challenge I've taken the colours as inspiration and used starburst stains to make the backgrounds which have been cuttlebug embossed (Jules Jewells folder) The flowers were white and I've sprayed them with starburst stains to match. I made a gatefold card and mounted that on my easel base and the stopper is a recycled clock from a travel clock which I've attached by cutting a hole in the base and slotting it through so you can change the batteries!




The inspiration from the photo I used was the colours and the wording, I have made a couple of easel cards but this is my first shaped one, I used a circle embossing template to cut around, the background papers are from a free sample pack I got with a magazine, the images are digi stamps coloured with promarkers. I even coloured the ribbon with promarkers which again I have never done before it was actually blue and I coloured it with a yellow promarker. Finished with some flowers layered and gems.



I picked the colouring from the photo and used the Go Kreate Concentrics Frame Pointy #1, to cut the card shape. If you want I can come back and post some pics showing the various stages, or indeed come back and edit this wording! the card and toppers are all from the Kanban Free As a Bird range.


Jenni




I used my largest nestie label die to make the top half of the card but kept the bottom a recangular shape and just rounded the corners - this worked quite well as I was able to use the smaller labels horizontally on the base. I used papers from a K&Co matt stack and a Dimension Fourth image which I coloured with Promarkers cut then out and mounted on a nestie circle.


Toria



I saw a tutorial on how to use traditional Swedish heart baskets on cards and knew I had to try it. I used paper by Papermania to create the woven hearts. I stamped swirls around the edge with distress ink - Peeled Paint and then added stickles to these. I then distressed the edges of the hearts with the same distress ink.
I stamped Fairy Dust Tilda and Watering Can in Memento ink and then coloured them in with Distress inks and copic's. I added stickles for the dust and added glitz. The waterlily and dragonflies are stamped onto parchment paper. The leaf a circle of parchment paper. I coloured them with inktense pencils, distress inks and stickles. I added Glossy Accents to the dragonfly bodies.

Don't forget you have 2 weeks to enter, if you choose to follow the challenge from last week too then enter into both :)


12 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm almost embarassed to show my card here, looking at what the DT team has done this week. The cards shown here are so fabulous! TFS! And thanks for looking at mine, too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to do an easle card, hope you like my shape! Lovely DT cards too, thank you Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards ladies!!! wonderful shapes xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been here before! And I'm amazed by the DT cards! You are all very talented girls!;) Thank you so much for sharing these inspirations! I'll definitely keep an eye on this wonderful place:)

    Smiles,
    Gery

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time I have been here, will be back. Another thing each card is better than the next hey are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous DT cards, I tried my first easel card this week, will definitley have another go. Thanks for the inspiration :)
    Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time with your challenge, love making easel cards. Great blog.
    Avril B

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I've attempted to submit an entry for this type of challenge! The DT here does lovely work! Great for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are all just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The DT cards are absolutely amazing. I never realized there could be so many different designs..shapes, etc. Mine is oh so simple in comparison. Thanks for the challenge! I only found your website today, but I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Vix, I will get the hang of this challenge thing one day. Still I did get the link right from my post to you so I suppose that's a start lol
    Lovely cards from everyone by the way
    Love and hugs
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Guys managed it on my own this time
    Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.