We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 18 October 2010

Challenge 32 - Use a Freebie!

Its challenge time once again here at Crafty Cardmakers and wow thank you for your entries for the step away from the square challenge, you're such an imaginative lot!  We're still getting round entries, I know I want to look at them all so we'll be back with winners in our catch up post soon.  Our SPOTLIGHT ON FANCY FOLDS is still running for another week and you're welcome to combine with the new challenge too (dont forget to enter both linkies)

**********************************************

CHALLENGE 32 - USE A FREEBIE!

They do say the best things in life are free so our new challenge, which runs for the next 2 weeks, is to Use something you got free.  This isn't things that somebody gave you, its things you got free with a magazine or printed off online that kind of thing.  You only need to use one item that you got free or like Ei who used everything free but just let us know which bit was free (and even better if you can remember where from if its online!)

The winner for this challenge will receive 2 background paper books by Crafty Individuals which are background papers 1 & 2 with 2 being Christmas.  I have these and they are sooo yummy!













So lets see what the girls have come up with, and wow they've been inventive with their freebie things, thanks girls!

Corry


Ahhhh.....freebies are sure nice sometimes! I used a freebie I found at Some Odd Girl ( a while back) called "Tiny Tia". I knew I wanted to use this fun piece of 'cheetah' fabric ; with this image; on my card & thought yellow would suit it best, then it took a turn to browns & pinks.....& I kept the yellow! I think it works. I tucked some WOC flowers & a CTMH pin into the knot on the fabric sidebar. I also added some bling, a red heart doily & a sentiment I punched out with my SU butterfly punch! So refreshing!



This is a very simple card but I loved the free image I got from Archivers over 7 months ago. I used a 5 1/2 by 11 card scored at 3inch and 6 inches and made into a tri fold. I also added a mat for writing on in the card. The image is pop dotted and I added a Copic blender pen affect to the flower and some PTI ribbon.
Kat

I used a freebie stamp from Craft Stamper. I stamped it randomly on Kraft paper with Versamark and embossed with bright white embossing powder. I edged the Kraft paper with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. The blue DP is from Tim Holtz. I stamped again with Memento ink, coloured with Promarkers and cut out with a nestie. I added some blue organza ribbon across the middle and popped the image on top of it with sticky pads. The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards as is the card candy. I also added some jewels from Hobby House and finished off with some blue flowers from my stash. I also added some glitter with a Sakura clear glitter gel pen.

Ei
I wasn't looking forward to this one because most freebies I don't find to my taste but I had great fun making this card and everything is a freebie, from the packaging base cardstock, the freebie American Crafts backing paper from a magazine, the freebie scalloped handmade paper circle from a friend, the butterflies are from some cut-offs from my daughter's wallpaper, the message from a freebie sticker sheet and even the black ribbons were on my top I'm wearing until five minutes before I took the photo! The buttons are from my Mum's button-box. The only 'new' think I used was the Pinflair gel glue sticking everything together and even that was the dregs of the tube!

Using the gorgeous 'Penelope's Party Wagon' freebie from Mo Manning, I coloured her with Promarkers, matted and layered onto orange and purple card, then made up the fabulous sidestepper that Vix very kindly shared with us all. Papers were from Daisy & Dandelion's Pumpkin & Aubergine range. The frill along the bottom I made using tissue paper that was inside the packing of trainers - simply folded it into concertina! Sentiment and ribbon from stash.


I thought this was a great wee challenge, a great idea to dig out some my freebie papers that I got in my crafty mags! I wanted the papers to show through so kept the card simple with some matting and layering. I added a ribbon and brad that i got in a RAK, made a wee lollipop flower and added a sentiment to finish!


Joy

I made this one using a silver card onto which I added a piece of orange corrugated paper, and then used a freebie which I had downloaded for another Swap in CCM  I coloured it using watercolour pencils and fixed it to the card with a thick double sided tape and finally added a Best Wishes Silver peel-off.


This was a great chance to use some of my freebies that I never normally take the time to go through, I usually give them to my daughter to craft with lol. But a couple of weeks ago a book of free papers came with Crafts Beautiful magazine and these gorgeous papers were included :o) I have also used a free clear stamp that came with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine last christmas.




I used a free fairy stamp that was on a recent issue of Card Making and Papercraft, and coloured her in with Big N Juicy ink, having stamped her on centura pearl card. This gives her a shimmer. The papers were also free with CM&P but a different issue. The flowers were in my stash as was the ribbon. I tried to go completely freebie, but I lacked any nice flowers to finish it off and couldn't resist these.




For my card I have used a Freebie decoupage sheet that has come with Issue 60 of Papercraft Essentials. There is a great pack of 16 free sheets from Crafts U Print and they are printed on decent quality paper. For the base card I folded an A4 sheet of card and cut some glitter card for snow, adding snowflakes to the sky. I have added lots of glitter to the decoupage and googly eyes. The sentiment is a Dovecraft chipboard.


So over to you and don't forget the challenge is for something FREE not something that you've been given (Otherwise that would be EVERYTHING or at least our partners think so hehe!)


13 comments:

  1. I had a lot of fun looking at all the DT's fantastic cards and reading about the freebies I used. I'm so looking forward to this challenge .....hoping to manage everything a freebie lol. Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOhhhh!!! Just up my street x Lovely cards everyone x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a fantastic challenge theme. Thanks for organising it. Wonderful cards from the DT too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Girls thanks for challenge, hope my freebie papers fit the bill! DT cards are lovely. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. merci, un chouette challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the chance to enter your challenge. Don't you just love freebies - great to see you celebrating them. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girls. Love your challenges and pleased to be playing along with you again this week.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely challenge,I have used 2 freebies,Background paper printed of the net and fabric sample behind the image was free sample.
    Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT idea for a challenge, thanks so much!! Great work from the DT:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow very nice DT cards! Just found your site. Don't see a linky tool so my card is at http://twin2u2-scrapaddict.blogspot.com/2010/10/so-many-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like I'm going to have to start clicking cards to see if anything is still free... The digi on my card will be free until Nov 2! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.