We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 18 April 2011

Challenge 44 - A Royal Wedding

Good Afternoon and I hope you're all enjoying the lovely sunny weather we're having lately!  My kids are back in school today having had 2 weeks off, finding it totally weird that they're not off over easter except the bank holidays!  They're in for 8 days the whole of April!  Well my youngest is only in for 2 as she only goes weds and fridays so has lost 2 fridays! 
Thank You for your fab entries to our recipe challenge, we had a chuckle at some of them on the way - you know who you are lol!  Don't worry we all have dippy moments!
Winners of all the closed challenges will be announced tomorrow (Recipe challenge will be in 4 weeks on next round)

Speaking of Bank Holidays our new challenge for you is related to that - OK its a Royal Wedding but if you're not into royalty its an extra bank holiday for some yay!

CHALLENGE 44  - A ROYAL WEDDING
We're giving you some options this time, with the Royal Wedding less than 2 weeks away we'd like to see you use RED, WHITE & BLUE (These must be the most prominent colours) AND/OR A WEDDING CARD OR CREATION.

So you have a choice to use the colour scheme, or you can make a wedding creation in any colours you like or a wedding creation in red, white and blue


We're sponsored again by the lovely Joanna Sheen who is offering a £10 voucher for her onlne shop which is crammed full of goddies with new stock arriving all the time! Thanks once again Joanna!

Over to the team for their red, white & blue, and/or wedding cards!

My Wedding Congratulations is a textured A5 card, a sheet of A4 folded in half.

I stamped the image with a La Blanche Bride stamp, one of my most favourite stamps which I don't get to use as much as I would like. I have gently added colour to her skin with Ivory and Almond Promarkers and watercolour pencils for the remainder colours. Matted onto pink card and then layered onto textured silver card. I added a selection of flowers from my stash, and silver embossed Congratulations. I think she looks a Victorian bride so I added my grandmother's pearl necklace and my ear rings for a touch of realism.






I choose to Celebrate the Royal Wedding by making a keepsake Concertina book.  This was a Concertina Book Making Challenge over at Craftymess Forum  - As the theme for here was Wedding or/and Red/White/Blue, I thought it would go together hand in hand.  I used a lot of craft stash for this, but the basis is A5 Card stock with lots of old English London Maps, along with the colours Red, Blue and White only.  A full description and further photos are available on my blog. 








my card is made with 8x8 shaped base card covered with tim holtz paper


image is large version of the ready printed images from LOTV. i have run round the edge of image with red pen then matted it up on white embossed (sizzix embossed folder) card tinged with blue distressed ink.decorated with flowers made with left over blue TH paper cut with TH tattered flowers tipped with red ink. and centered with prima jewel. added blue and white ribbon centered with red jewel in blue flower center. sentiment is LOTV stamped in red on blue disc.






For my card I used a vintage ripped union jack paper (redhotbed) with some red/blue splodged paper again redhotbed the image is a decoupage sheet from a disc I have had for ages but never got to use this until now the ball & chain just makes me chuckle and all I have added is a couple of ring embellies on the side




 
For this challenge I went with the colour scheme red, white & blue and coloured a Tilda with promarkers and derwent coloursoft pencil, added a couple of punched butterflies (which my teamies Sarah & Tracy will tell you one is hiding the mistake I made colouring the sleeve blue when I wanted it white lol!)  Papers are digital by Bearly Mine Designs and the flowers are QVC and hobbycraft with a touch of stickles glitter.

I knew for this Challenge only a Wedding Box would do!I stuck with the Royal Blue and White/Ivory colours, using a fab Glitter card for the main papers! Lots of gems, ribbon and flowers all over the box and my fab Wedding Couple form Woodware to add a Scottish touch to the box! For more details check out my blog.





I went looking for inspiration among my unmounted stamps and got completely waylaid by some Craft Stamper freebies, and this was the result. I stamped and coloured with Distress inks. The Paisley 'leaves' are from an Artemo set I bought in France last summer. I coloured a second set of the flowers and added glaze before layering them, and finished with a punched edge.


To create this card Ive used the Tim Holtz Sizzix 'Notebook' Embossing folder for the background.Next,I used the Tim Holtz bird and cage die then inked all the edges in brown chalk ink - Ive added a red punched heart, a Prima flower and finally the stamped sentiment.



I used the fabulous bride stamp from Lilac Lemon Designs for my card and added lots of sparkle with a Sakura stardust pen. The fabulous swirly background paper is from a set called Rosehart designed by my very talented teamie Ei. I added the bride's bouquet to my card too.




My card was a commission (non paid, lol) for a wedding of a steam engine enthusiast, not trains, but traction engines. I was tearing my hair out trying to find something suitable when my lovely and talented teamie Ei came to my rescue with this personally designed couple sitting on a traction engine. Thank you Ei! The couple are coloured with promarkers and prismas pencils. Further details on my personal blog.



I used some Whiff of Joy stamps to create this card. I stamped them and then cut them out, coloured them with Promarkers, used some Glamour Dust for the sparkle and then I added some Flower Soft to create some texture on the bench and to hide it a little as I felt it was very brown and needed something extra. I used inks to watercolour my background on a pearlescent card and used the same card to create the letters, coloured with Promarkers and they also got the Flower Soft treatment.
Anyone would think there was going to be a big wedding this year wouldn't they? I have coloured this lovely couple with promarkers and added a bit of sparkle with clear star gelly roll pens.  The background papers are one I created myself in paint, and a freebie I found whilst having a mooch online. All papers backed onto red with the main image trimmed with a hearts corner punch to add to the love theme.  A few red heart gems and a recoloured paper rose add the finishing touch.





9 comments:

  1. Great DT cards ladies, i don't need an excuse to make a wedding card. Love it. Blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a fun challenge, this is one of my favorite color combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls lovely dt work and great challenge. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful inspiration by the DT. Everybody loves a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! don't you just love a good wedding Hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! fab challenge I love this my red is very subtle flower in her hair :0) thanks for a great challenge :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge! Lots of inspiration and ideas...!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.