We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 13 October 2014

#125 It’s Only Words

I'm hosting today and my challenge is 'It's Only Words'.  I would like to see something that has the sentiment as the main focus or at least prominently displayed.

We have this lovely prize
a very useful Woodware stamp and some text card candi

Some inspiration from our DT

Josephine

I'm not big on card sentiments - I prefer to let the image 'do the talking'! So for this one, I took a simple Photoshop Elements originated sentiment and added various die cuts and flowers, (almost) all courtesy of Sizzix.

Carole
My sentiment is from Creative Expressions - Thoughtful Sentiments. I have teamed this up with Die'sire Enchanted Create-a-card die and Essential Butterflies to make this easel card!! 

Sally

The sentiment stamp is from my stash, I have used dies and charms to make the embellishments and of course some ribbons, lace, pearls and glitter.

Julie

Card and apple ornament gifts for my sons Pre-School Teachers

Lin
Mine is a sympathy card for a Neighbour who recently lost her Husband. Anna Griffin sentiment, Spellbinders die. 

Vania
 

Leslie
My sentiment is from Unity. I used the Sizzix Square Flip-Its die for my swing card base, K & Co. double-sided papers, satin ribbon, lacy square and flourish die cuts, and a cluster of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers on a metal corner.

Pamellia
I'm not much for words, so I decided to let my die sets do the talking! With the help of Spellbinders and Tim Holtz, I created a rustic country Christmas card with some faux porcelain embellishments.

Suze
A quick and easy card from me using a lovely Hero Arts sentiment which I gold embossed.  The two little birds, cut from gold miri, are a Memory Box Die and the papers are from my stash. 

Jackie
I'm becoming only too aware that Christmas is speeding up on us, so my card is the beginning of my Christmas card list.  This one was made using a Woodware stamp, and some gilding flakes.

For my card I have chosen a sentiment by Woodware and a piece of handmade background made using Alcohol inks and Acetate. 

and finally our newest team member

Glenda

I am a retired career woman  and I have loved crafting of all sorts since I can remember. This current phase of  card making has me totally addicted. I love to make anything out of paper, I just find it fascinating.  I am  starting (much to my delight and horror] to get interested in scrap-booking and the creations of albums :0). I am married to a most wonderful man and have one son and 4 step children, all adults at this point with lives and families of their own leaving me time to pursue my own   interests. I am so pleased to have the opportunity to join  Lin's team at Crafty Cardmakers and I look forward to seeing everyone's work and sharing my own with you !

 
My sentiment is a TLC Creations digital image, spiders are die cut and the papers are from my Halloween paper stash. Distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool. 

Any entry that does not meet the challenge requirement or that does not follow our simple rules will be deleted. If you are having issues with any other linking matter please mail me at the address in the side bar

LIN W


1 comment:

  1. oops...I'm sorry but just ignore my link to my card. I just re read the challenge had to have the words as the MAIN focus, which mine isn't.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.