We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 24 November 2014

#128 Distress It

Lin (me) is hosting our 'Distress It' challenge. I would like to see distressing, preferably lots of it, on your project. For clarification I do not mean just using distress inks, but distressed edges, frantage, anything a bit shabby looking.

We are hosted by
 
with a $12 Gift Certificate

I have been drawing since a child and studied graphics at College many years ago, I now work as a Medical photographer part time but my love was always drawing. I started cardmaking about 4yrs ago when I bought my daughter a cardmaking kit which we did together, but I’m afraid I got the bug! My daughter preferred scrapbooking. I then started looking online at other blogs and this then became my passion and I loved sharing my cards with like minded people.
I love stamping and loved finding images, but sometimes I could not find what I wanted so I started to draw myself.
This then has become my second addiction and I have never looked back, I love thinking of new images, and its just fabulous to see others take them and make them into beautiful works of art. Long may it continue!
 
and also by

With a prize of £12.00 to spend at your favourite Woodware Stockist, either in store or on line.

Woodware are a Yorkshire based family owned business, as well as distributing Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous Stamps we have a wonderful range of stamps designed for us by Francoise Read and Jane Gill. We also scour the world for new and innovative products for the crafty card maker, and have a great range of punches and tools of the trade, to find stockists in your area or to see the range visit the website www.woodware.co.uk.

Our design team are playing along with the challenge so check out our blog, which is there for inspiration at www.woodware.co.uk/blog.

Happy Crafting!
 
Some inspiration from our DT

Lin
My papers are a combination of Memory Box and Wild Rose Studio. The fairy stamp was a freebie in this month's Card Making and Papercraft. Flowers and resin butterflies from my stash.

Carole
For my project I have distressed paper edges with my Tim Holtz paper distresser, crumpled paper and inked over it and used Distress Crackle paint with a little gilding wax! Oh - and of course used my Distress Inks!! 
Distressing, for me, goes hand-in-hand with vintage, so for my project I decided to make a Vintage Christmas card with tons of distressed layers and tags. I have used a variety of stamps and some Tim Holtz distress inks, stains and sprays! Distressing everywhere!

Kimx
I don't really do a lot of 'distressing', other than with inks so this was a bit of a challenge for me. I chose a piece of background that I had created with my Creative Palette and then used a fabulous Poinsettia stamp  from our sponsor Woodware.
I paper pieced the Poinsettia having 'distressed' it a little first.

Julie W
 
I have distressed the edges of all the edges and then used distress ink on them, you can't see much of the distressing though in the picture.

Suze
This was a tricky challenge for me as I'm a clean and simple type of girl. Lol. However I gave it a go and made a Christmas hanging decoration.  I used corrugated card, which I partly peeled and painted. The "25" and reindeer are Tim Holtz dies to which I added stickles and crackle accents. The star is gold miri, distressed with sandpaper. The berries and sequin ribbon are from my stash.

Jackie
I like using my distress inks, but as a rule I'm not one for the grungy distressed look on cards either... my distressing is more likely to be background construction!   For my project I made a Christmas tag, using a Kraft card tag for the base, distress inks, papers and some embellishments from my stash, and a page of an old book (bought from Chocolate Baroque - I could never tear one out myself...!) 

Leslie

My papers, stamps, and ribbon are all from Gina K Designs. I used the Tim Holtz distressing tool to distress all the edges of the layered background and center panels. I also stitched the background and center panel, and used some white flat-back pearls and red glitter Gumdrops.

Any entry that does not meet the challenge requirement or that does not follow our simple rules will be deleted. If you are having issues with any other linking matter please mail me at the address in the side bar

 
LIN W

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful challenge. And thank you DT for all your hard work in making so many beautiful inspirational cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.