We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 26 January 2015

#131 Combine(Merge) Two or More Stamps using the Masking Technique

Julie is hosting today and wants to see you combine (merge) two or more stamps in your creation. You might do this digitally or go down the traditional masking route. This is a challenge to merge two or more stamps together, please do not just stamp two times with different stamps, they need to be merged so that they appear as one stamp! We expect you to mask either with paper, masking fluid or digitally. Could you please TELL US what stamps you have combined (merged) and how.

This is how the team interpreted the challenge


Josephine
For this challenge, I've used two Clarity stamps - the flowers and the vase. The resulting image was coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils. I intended to embellish with some flowers, but when I assembled it, I liked the clean lines so I decided to leave it with just an added sentiment.

Lorraine 

For my card I have used 2 Tiddly Ink images the little girl is called Sunshine Anabelle, I have merged her with 2 sets of Emma's flowers, then added a sentiment using my MCS programme, the image has been coloured with both Graph It Markers and Copics, the papers are from the DoveCraft Sweet Paris Collection I then added some flowers and punched butterflies.

Pamellia
I have used four different stamps to create my 3D focal image. A birdcage, a bird, a clock and some roses. I combined layering and masking to build a spring garden full of colour and dimension!

Bec
For this challenge I have used an old Stampin' Up! set that I had never inked up.  I added the hearts to the bicycle basket and the balloons on the back.  I coloured all with Copics.

Mary
I have used stamps from Jayne Nestorenko's Adorable summer collection called 'April showers'. I began by stamping  the little girl with her umbrella. I then masked this and stamped the steps behind her. Using one of the little stamps in the set I stamped the cobbles and raindrop. I then used the corner stamp twice. I coloured the design using Promarkers.

Marlene

I have used Stampendous Stamps Jumbo Forest Friends. I began by stamping the Deer. I masked this and stamped the Pine Needles Behind the Deer. I coloured the design with Promarkers.

Leslie
I used the Paper Smooches Crystal Clear stamp set with coordinating dies for my Ball jar of posies with lid. I used one of the stamps from the Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge stamp set for the background, stamped off once, with the jar, lid and flowers loosely masked. I finished the front panel with a gorgeous EK Success Swarovski Elements dragonfly charm.

Kimx
I have used two rather old, but rather lovely Hero Arts stamps and plenty of masking for my card.

Sally
I have used some old stamps from Creative Expressions and Sticky Notes to mask my images, then coloured the scene with Copic Markers.

Sue

After much faffing I managed to join together two Kenny K images, then coloured with my copics and fussy cut them out, and popped them on a simple card - the background is a Tim Holtz embossing folder that I have embossed onto co-ordinations cardstock then sanded back to give the impression of a brick wall

Lin
I stamped my prima doll stamp, and then masked her off to stamp the wings. I then masked off the wings and stamped the background over the top. Further details on my blog
 
LIN W



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun challenge, Love the DT entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the opportunity to join a challenge. I'm trying to select a list of challenges to cover all the techniques I have a bash at. I did try to add my link to the list, but it doesn't look successfu,l I'll try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creation #9 is mine
    I put the magnolia stamps of hear no evil, speak no evil and see no evil together on my card

    hugs Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.