We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 4 May 2015

#138 Make Your Own Background

Pamellia is hosting today. She would like to see something that you have created using a background you made yourself. So NO designer papers please.

This is how the team interpreted Pamellia's theme

Pamellia
I just love making my own backgrounds, so I decided to do three different layers with three different background designs. I used distress inks, stamps, stencils, crackle paint and home made texture paste to create three different looks.

Josephine


For the background of this, I started with white paper and shaded it with Pan Pastels. I then embossed it using an Embossalicious folder, and added some further Pan Pastel to the embossed areas. I completed with an sentiment and hand-made flowers.

Bec
I have used the shaving cream technique for my background and then when dry stamped over the top.  Your cards smell a treat too!

Vania

For this card I used Black Soot and Milled Lavender for the Background
Indigo Blu, Sheena Douglass and Inkylicious Stamps

I decided to play with my Brusho paints to make the background for this card, then overstamped it in black archival ink with an inkylicious flower stamp.

I have used distress inks for the background and Sheena Douglass a little bit scenic stamps.

I have embossed some watercolour card, then painted the feathers before adding gilding wax to the raised areas. The stamp was also water coloured and a gold heat embossed sentiment to finish.

I used freebie stamps and distress inks for my background. The central image was also from a freebie stamp.

For my background I used Aqua Tints and Gesso, with stencils, stamps and a bit of embossing.

I have used some pieces of Cut'n Dry foam and a green Kaleidacolour ink pad to make the background to my card.

I have used a Moroccan Tile mask and Prima Color Bloom Sprays to create my background. More details on my blog.
 
I find it easier to do this sort of background in layers, but with a rough plan of what is going where before I start, then building up distress inks in light layers, and overstamping this with background stamps in the same colours.
LIN W

14 comments:

  1. how beautiful and wonderfully varied your backgrounds (and creations) are! wow! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration for anyone thinking about this Challenge, wonderful creations by your Dt.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful set of cards and tag by the design team. They are all truly inspirational.
    Thanks for sharing.
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful backgrounds and great inspiration from the Design Team! I hope I'll be able to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...thought I left a comment about all these wonderful backgrounds and projects. I don't see it here, nor do I see a linky button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, I sorted out the linky, thanks to your email. I have replied via email. As to your comment not appearing, because of the high level of awful spam comments that blogs receive I have mine set to approve comments before publication, and as you commented at 3am my time I obviously wasn't around to approve it then!
      Lin xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I figured out that little detail about the approval thing after I wrote my second comment! Thanks for the e-mail! I really appreciate it, and now I can link up! Hugs!

      Delete
  6. What a fun theme for the challenge!
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the fun challenge & great DT inspiration! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful inspiration by your design team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great inspiration by your design team.

    Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the theme for this challenge. Great DT inspiration, all so different.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful DT creations - awesome work :-)
    Thank you for this fun challenge.

    IKE x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such diverse projects from the DT, and ALL totally amazing!!! Love the challenge theme too, Pamellia!

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.