We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 22 August 2016

#171 By or Under The Sea

Bec is hosting our By or Under the Sea challenge. We want to see what you can come up with that is either an underwater scene or a coastal/beach scene.
As usual You can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!

We are sponsored for this challenge by


WOODWARE CRAFT COLLECTION

With a prize of £12.00 to spend at your favourite Woodware Stockist, either in store or on line.


Woodware are a Yorkshire based family owned business, as well as distributing Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous Stamps we have a wonderful range of stamps designed for us by Francoise Read and Jane Gill. We also scour the world for new and innovative products for the crafty card maker, and have a great range of punches and tools of the trade, to find stockists in your area or to see the range visit the website www.woodware.co.uk.

Our design team are playing along with the challenge so check out our blog, which is there for inspiration at www.woodware.co.uk/blog.


Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

Bec
I have used an old stamp set that is a favourite for this fun card.

Josephine

One of the things that I think of when I think of the seaside is seashells, so these sweet stitched motifs seemed perfect!

  Glenda
You never know when by the 'sea' what you might 'see'. I see a little mermaid blowing bubbles. She was coloured with Prismacolor Markers and I sponded the  image background and the corresponding piece behind it with Stampin Up ink.  The sentiment was created on  a Word' document.

The theme of  "by or under the sea" brought to my mind "lost treasure".  I had this small old metal  box that I had in stash.  My assemblage is made of bits and pieces of findings and a couple of  pretty digital images.

Mary
I love House Mouse designs so I used a decoupage sheet from the Silly Summer set from Joanna Sheen which I had in my stash. To embellish my card I used a Tattered Lace castle die to create a 'sandcastle'.

Lin
I upcycled a £2 bathroom cabinet I got from the local recycling centre. Details  and more photos on my blog

Angela
Made this with leftover Masterboard, Kanban Industriana papers. The dies are by Tim Holtz and Marianne, stamps by Joy, Marianne and Tim Holtz. Finished the inside with the addition of Stickles Glitter glue.

Kimx
My card has been made using a couple of Sea themed Dreamweaver metal stencils (Seahorse, Fish and Scales background), a tree die and plenty of dye based ink.

Ina
Used an Under the Sea embossing folder inking and heat embossing it. Cut out a circle for my background to highlight  my sea animals. Lots of sponging, touches of glitter and glossy accents.

Pam
I used watercolors for this sweet stamp by Phyllis Harris.  I decided to keep this one in my Craft Room in honor of my little brother, Scott.

Jackie
My card was made using spectrum aqua pens to make a background and a rubber stamp from my stash. 

Sally
I have used some Hobby Art stamps and shells to create my under the sea themed card.

Marlene
For this card I have used an Lili of the Valley Stamp, made into a Centre Fold card.

Maike

CCM Blog Signature

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous design team makes, thank you for a great challenge.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super DT inspiration and a fabulous theme xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.