We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 16 January 2017

#180 New Beginnings

Jac is hosting our first challenge of 2017, and the theme is New Beginnings. We want to see your creations related to new beginnings, that might be the arrival of a baby, a new relationship, marriage, engagement, a new year's resolution even!

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it meets the New Beginnings theme.

Please remember our 15 total challenge rule!

Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

Jac

What better way to start the New Year than being a New DT member! I chose to make a New Baby centre step card using lots of Cricut cuts and some liquid pearls.

Glenda

I think the best of all new beginnings is the arrival of a baby. I used a Mo Manning digi called 'Spit Happens', some patterned paper, a few die cuts and embellishments and here is the card. Easy peasy.

Mary



I chose to do a new baby card as on of my nieces is expecting a new arrival. I used several sheets from Hunkydory's Little Book of Smudge and Motten and decoupaged the design. I then added peel off sentiments which I had coloured using a permanent pen.

Judy

I chose for this challenge to do a new baby card using an old Stampin Up rubber stamps. The stamp was originally a roller stamp that I took the rubber off of the roller and mounted it on a wooden block. I coloured my card with Caran D'Ache water colour crayons. To complete the card I added a sentiment and a button and ribbon.

Josephine

Another new baby card! For this one I used a variety of dies from various manufacturers. I've embossed each of the patchwork squares, and finished the card with a sticky pearl.

Margaret

I have to agree with Jac, being a new DT member is a lovely way to start the New Year!

Another lovely beginning is moving into a new home. My card was made with layers of designer paper, some chipboard pieces, diecut leaves and homemade flair with a lovely bloom and twine bow for the finishing touches.

Angela

Hi all. I also chose to make a New Home card in readiness, I hope, for a member of our family who will soon be moving house. The background is one of my many Masterboards and the houses are by Paper Artsy stamped onto old book papers and more Masterboards. I finished this off with the punched birds, Stickles and 3D gems.

Peggy

I, too, am happy to be starting 2017 as a new member of this lovely Design Team. I chose to make a wedding card for a couple getting married later this year. I used pearlized paper and several Anna Griffin dies to complete this project.

Kimx

I decided to make a New Home card for a crafty friend for this first challenge of 2017.

I have used a Magnolia stamp coloured using Distress inks and layered onto a piece of embossed background.

Chanya13

Hello, I'm so happy that I can be a part of DT. For my first inspiration I prepared a card for a little boy. I used blue and white combo. I added some pearls and flowers. A sentence is: welcome on the world little boy.

Pam

Happy New Year! My theme for this challenge is "When a New Day Begins"

This pup stamp is Penny Black "I'm So Cute". The sentiment was computer generated and that awesome smile stamp is from Honey Bee Stamps. The card is embossed with a folder by Taylored Expressions.

Jackie

It looks like Chanya 13 and I have the same die! My card is a staple that I get asked for every time someone needs a baby card - it's a simple box with an acetate window in which I put a first size pair of baby socks. Around it, tied by a ribbon is a wrap around card On the inside cover, I put details of the baby's birth.

Maike

Wondering why I am sharing a New Year's project? We couldn't celebrate New Years Eve with our friends as planned, because they both were ill, so we decided to celebrate at January 28th which is the Chinese New Year. It will be the year of the Fire Rooster, so I decided to make these take-away boxes as gifts for my friends.

Sally

For my card I decided to make a Congratulations card for the arrival of a New Baby. I used three sets of stamps from Hobby Art and Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers.


Lin
CCM 180 New Beginnings2
I too have gone for a baby card! Chances are I will have need of one some time in the year! My patterned paper is from a very OLD DCWV pad, Nanna's Nursery, and the dies, apart from the stars are from Sue Wilson. More details on my blog

We look forward to seeing what you can come up with!

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Such lovely cards, ladies. So glad to be part of the team.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.