We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 13 February 2017

#182 Add Some Texture

Maike is hosting our challenge today, and the theme is Add Some Texture. You can interpret this how you like, either embossing, heat or dry, texture paste, fabric, etc. let your imagination go wild.

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it has lots of lovely texture.

Please remember our 15 total challenge rule!

Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

Maike

I wanted to have many different textures on my card so I chose to dry emboss the background, but leave an area smooth. I also added some very smooth enamel dots and of course this cutie from Avery Elle.

Josephine

I've used dies from Sizzix, Sue Wilson, and Tattered Lace, along with a Cuttlebug embossing folder to make this card. I love the texture of embossing, and I think the Ditsy Flower dies are going to become a favourite.

Judy

I created this small canvas using watercolours, Stampendous cling stamp, stencils and washi tape. I love adding texture to a piece using molding paste coloured with PanPastels.

Marg

I created a masculine double fold card for this challenge. Lots of paper layers, all with distressed edges, and I have added texture paste through a stencil, burlap webbing and washi tape.

Angela

I made this card using a masterboard which had been embellished with Glass Bead Texture Gel by Winsor and Newton, then matted and layered it with the spotty textured card. Finished it off with the addition of die cut flowers, ribbon, sentiment and gems. Happy crafting, Angela x

Mary

I have used a Tatty Twinkles stamp called Coffee with friends. I paper pieced the chair back, Tatty's clothes and the table using varying textured papers and used handmade paper to frame the image.

Glenda

The textures used in the making of this card are: Fun foam leather, Twine, Embossed feathers and background paper showcasing various type of texture.

chanya13:


Today I made mixed-media card. At the beginning my background was a pice of white paper. I used watercolor paper. I splashed it with liquid water color ( green and dark green), later I postmarked it with some images and used stencil. I applayed gel medium and covered it with embossing powder. Next I used some distress ink - tea dye. I also added some metal embellishments.

Peggy

I added texture to my card by using an AG Cuttlebug Embossing folder on the frame and background of the frame. I added multi-layered flowers & gold foiled flourishes. This is one of my favorite card layouts and it can be found in Cricut Design Space Access.

Jac

For texture my background paper from First Editions Neroli pad has a fabric texture to it then I have embossed the red panels with swiss dots, the speech bubble also has some embossing as do the little leaf die cuts. I punched the butterfly twice, first in the backing paper and then in some vellum and layered them up finishing off with some little blue gems.

June

I've used Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste and a mask for the main design and covered the mask with the texture paste. I used a Memory Box Die for the centre of the design and cut 2 swirls in purple and one in white, overlapped them and adhered to the centre of the card. The sentiment is from my stash that I'd previously stamped onto vellum and 'fussy cut' it out. Several thin mat and layers plus the purple gems completed this 8" square card

Full details are available on my blog

Jackie

I also used some Phill Martin texture paste on my butterfly card - I used a stencil which came in a create and craft member gift pack, and some lace, ribbon and papers from my stash.

Kimx

As I have just become a Great Auntie for the second time I decided to make a baby card for this challenge. I have used an embossing folder for the background coloured using plenty of Starlight paint, Sparkle Medium and Wax from Imagination.

Sally

For my card I decided to use a Butterfly embossing folder by Crafts-Too to create the background and focal point. I also included some crackle texture on the background and hessian fabric along with chunky glitter.
 
 



6 comments:

  1. Stunning creations from the design team, all so unique.
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inspiring creations by the DT! Thanks for the Challenge Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog and it looks like fun. I don't see the deadline for entries posted, or I am missing it. Could you please email me at mariannebrinkley at msn dot com to let me know. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely inspiration by the DT -thanks for sharing!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the challenge and wonderful inspirations x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.