We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 8 May 2017

#188 Add A Sentiment

Pam is hosting our challenge today, and the theme is Add A Sentiment. It would be nice if your sentiment is not a tiny peel off tucked in one corner, but more the focal point of your creation, but we won't insist on that.

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it as a sentiment, the more prominent the better.

Please remember our 15 total challenge rule, and to link directly to THIS POST and not just the front page of our blog please!!

Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

Pam

I used an embossing folder and distress inks to create the background for my card. I topped it with vellum and heat embossed the sentiment. I love quotes and sentiments, have collected both for years. I am looking forward to seeing your designs!


Glenda

Image is from Just Inklined and is called 'The Good Life. The background is Stampin Up's 'Hardwood and is heat embossed, The sentiment is an old Doodle Pantry digital stamp.

Judy

I used a large floating butterfly die for my card which I cut out in white. My background was made in a fun technique called Shattered Glass. To complete the card I used a Happy Birthday sentiment die and painted the butterflies with A wink of Stella.

Josephine

I've used a die and embossing folder from Crafter's Companion with other dies from Spellbinders and finished with a computer-generated sentiment for this card for a friend.

Mary

I used various dies from Tattered Lace to make this card for a friend's mother.

Marlene

I have used an Elizabeth Bell Image she is so cute added some flowers and a double ribbon bow

Jac

I was recently gifted a lot of crafting stash from a very good friend who is downsizing. This stash has included lots of SU inks, Papertrey Ink stamps, Prima flowers and LOTS of papers and cs so I have put some of the above to good use and made a wall hanging. I used the masking technique to have the teapot stand behind the cup (not something I do very often but I like the effect!)

Angela

Mostly Seth Apter stamps for this card and the Tim Holtz Life Moments tag. The background is one of my masterboards layered with stamped Velum and tags. You may have to twist your head slightly to read the main sentiment as it's on the centre tag. Happy crafting, Angela x

Margaret

Hello everyone! My card was created with papers from Maja Design and some pretty flowers and lace from Megs Garden. The leaf die is by Cheery Lyn and I have added a piece of gauze and a twine bow to the cluster. The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of cardstock and heat embossed.

Peggy



My card is a Double Z fold card. The tutorial for it can be found At Beccy's Place. The background paper is from the new Anna Griffin Eleanor paper pad. I cut all elements except the flower with my Cricut Explore. The Happy Birthday sentiment was created in Design Space and the inside sentiment is a Close To My Heart stamp.

Maike

When I planned the card for this challenge I remembered that I have a special love for "punny" sentiments. I often need "Thank You" cards, so I thought "Thank Mew" would work perfectly. The images are all from the current Gerda Steiner Digi Bundle and the frames I used are MFT Blueprint dies.

Jackie

This time I have done a decorated mdf heart instead of a card - it was made for a friend at work who was leaving. The background paper was from my stash, and the paper flowers were made using scraps. The sentiment is (I think) a crafters companion stamp...

Kimx

My card has been created using a stamp from Hobby Art and some die cut leaves.

June

'Harebells' Stencil by Clarity and Ranger Tattered Rose Distress Ink, the background is Ranger Mustard Seed Distress Ink and I added 'splats' to lift some of the colour. The filigree print sentiment is Indigoblu stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa

CCM Blog Signature

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects Design Team! Thanks for the fun challenge!

    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inspiration from the Design Team. Thanks for a great challenge.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely inspiration and sentiment challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome DT creations! Pretty designs, cute images, fab colourations and a fun challenge - thanks for all this girls!

    Hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#5 – May- let your heart speak)
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the DT Creations they are super, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful DT inspiration - thanks for sharing!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.