We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 19 August 2019

#239 It’s A Bug’s Life

Lin is hosting today's challenge, It's A Bug's Life.

We would love to see your creations with Bugs/Insects on. Please don't make it a tiny bug in the corner of your project!!!!

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it meets the theme.

Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

Lin

My bug is a Mechanimals Grasshopper, Eye on the Prize, from SCAD. I made an art journal page to pop him on. The sentiment comes from the same stamp set. Please see my blog for more details.

Josephine

For this I created a background with Distress Ink on watercolour paper. I then used the dragonfly stamp from an issue of Creative Stamper magazine with designs by Crafty Individuals. I embossed the images with white embossing powder. For the central element, I embossed the same image with a dark blue embossing powder on to an offcut of the background and added some green and blue to that with Promarkers.

Glenda

I used a rubber stamp, butterfly punches and a dragonfly die cut. Coloured the image with Prismacolor markers and added some pearls to complete the card face.

Judy

I have been playing with my alcohol Inks and decided it would make a nice background paper for my dragonfly die. I had heard about using Kilz (a primer/sealer) on mixed media paper to seal the paper to be able to use alcohol on it. I also used several colours of Nuvo Crystal and Glitter Drops on the wings.

Angela

Stamps and stencils were used for this card with Tim Holtz Distress inks. The stamps are by All and Create and Tim Holtz. The stencils are by Crafter's Workshop and Imagination Crafts. A few gems completed the card. Details for making are on my blog. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

Margaret

Created the background for my card with Distress Inks, stamps and embossing powders and then layered on a strip of paper, a diecut and a piece of floral lace. Details can be found on my blog. Have a lovely, crafty day!! Marg xx

Mary

I have used Hunkydory's The Lily Pond dragonfly die and the accompanying paper pad and matted the design onto black card. I added some bees cut using a Tattered Lace Peony Pavilion Accents die and a sentiment.

Jo

I wanted the die cut layered butterfly to be the focal point so did some simple matting & layering....added some die cut frosting, some Tim Holtz chit chat stickers & finished with a few faux pearls.

Played with this beautiful 3D embossing folder in a class recently which is just perfect for this latest challenge. Lots more samples over on my blog.

We look forward to seeing what you can come up with!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work from the team and a fabulous theme. Thank you for the inspiration. Creative wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really gorgeous work from the DT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you just in time to join in with this one! Lovely inspiration from the team.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang it I missed entering the challenge but here's the card I made anyway...LOL
    https://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/2019/09/cute-bug-card.html#links

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.