We're now open for another spotlight but before we do we have a plea lol! Please check whether you have Word Verification swithed off on your blog as it really slows the girls down leaving comments. I surf via blackberry and whenever I get one with word verification it logs me out without saving what I've just typed and I know other team members here and on other DT's have similar problems. You can simply change to comment moderation by clcking on your blog SETTINGS then click COMMENTS then scroll down to COMMENT MODERATION and click ALWAYS. In the box below that says SHOW WORD VERIFICATION click NO.
Thanks for understanding!
Hello! I am Roberta from Prairie Fairy Designs. I am a digital stamp company featuring artwork not only created by me but also my two kids, ages 9 and 12. They are featured on the site as the Fairy Princess and the Prairie Prince. I have been an artist for as long as I can remember and have always loved to create. Two years ago my sister-in-law invited me to a rubber stamp party. I laughed and said "Maybe I will buy something if I can use it to stamp on canvases.". Needless to say, I was hooked! Two years later, a lot of learning about computers, and a few setbacks with web stuff (I am so not tech savvy!) I finally accomplished my goal. We have been around since the spring and still growing. If you have any questions about going digital, check out the site and the Prairie Fairy blog for more information, tips and tutorials. So head on over to Prairie Fairy Designs and check it out!
Thank You Prairie Fairy for your generous sponsorship! Lets have a look what the team have come up with!
I could have got the Big Shot out - I've just bought Tim Holtz's embossing folders - but I thought I'd have a go at the original technique on vellum with a couple of ball-tools and I've also added some paper-pricking too!
The backing paper is K&Co Winter Wonderland and the flower is Petaloo from 'Across the Sea' set. The colouring is with Copics and the holly leaves topped with glossy accents. Red adhesive gems were popped onto the berries to give a little accent. The holly border is Martha Stewart and I've embossed some leaves too.
I decided to show off my Cuttlebug Embossing folders for my card this week and I managed to use 8 of them! First I stamped some white card with a flower (free from Craft Stamper) in Dried Marigold Distress Ink. I ran 8 pieces of the stamped card through different embossing folders and then punched out 1" squares from each piece, then I added an un-embossed 1" square with the sentiment, and stuck all the squares in - well - a square. I'll put some close-ups on my blog.
Two different techniques of dry embossing here. The background sheet was embossed (and debossed) in my Wizard using two Cuttlebug embossing folders - Swiss Dots and one of a range of border folders. The card is a mirri-silk type that shows the embossing really well. The main flower and white background were embossed using a Glitter Girls board - can't remember the name of it, but it's the teal one! I picked out the embossing with glitter, and finished the card with a couple of silk flowers and a brad.
Using two different ways of dry embossing, this is what I came up with for this week's Spotlight. I used a Sizzix Snowflake Folder for the red background and then I used my Ultimate Pro for the sentiment. I am not happy with my bow despite using my Pro to make it but my arms and fingers are playing up again! But this one is for a man so he won't even notice the bow is bowed!!
I've used a Cuttlebug owl embossing folder that I'm ashamed to say has never been out of the packaging until now! I've embossed the owl onto coredinations card and then sanded it back to bring out the design. Yellow cardstock, ribbon and pearls from my stash.
For this challenge I used 2 embossing folders; Divine Swirl on metallic gold card and script texture on rainforest green card. I also used this on the Tim Holtz flourish which I cut out of metal that I've had for yeeeeeears! Image is called Wintergreen by Crafts & Me and coloured with promarkers, sakura stardust pens, stickles glitter glue and a white gel pen (Inksentials) I used the metallic gold promarker to get that shade on the hair blending it in with the plain gold and pastel yellow. Further info on my blog :)
For this card, I started with starburst stains and other mica powder sprays and put them onto a sheet of acetate. I then used a brayer to transfer the colour onto the snowflake embossing folder, which I then rang though my cuttlebug. I allow the paper to dry and then added my micra powder to highlight the embossing and to further highlight I added stickles. I used a nestie to cut the window out. The images are magnolia - Winter day scene and the snowy fence. Which have been coloured in a combination of copic's, distress inks and Inktense pencils. I added flowersoft and stickles to them as well.
The flowers are paper flowers that I layered up and then used the scrunch technique to create the effect I wanted. I sprayed them with water and then added micra powder to them. Once dry I added stickles to them. The leaves are created using a punch and then I have added more stickles to them.