We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 6 December 2010

Spotlight on Tags!

Its that time of year where we gaze in wonder as Sir T!m's 12 tags of Christmas so we're having a spotlight on Tags for the next 2 weeks!  They can be any size or shape you like, attached to a card or separate, gift tags, tag books etc, have fun!



We're sponsored once again by the excellent PRAIRIE FAIRY who are offering the winner 5 digi stamps of their choice from the wide range on offer. 

Hello! I am Roberta from Prairie Fairy Designs. I am a digital stamp company featuring artwork not only created by me but also my two kids, ages 9 and 12. They are featured on the site as the Fairy Princess and the Prairie Prince. I have been an artist for as long as I can remember and have always loved to create. Two years ago my sister-in-law invited me to a rubber stamp party. I laughed and said "Maybe I will buy something if I can use it to stamp on canvases.". Needless to say, I was hooked! Two years later, a lot of learning about computers, and a few setbacks with web stuff (I am so not tech savvy!) I finally accomplished my goal. We have been around since the spring and still growing. If you have any questions about going digital, check out the site and the Prairie Fairy blog for more information, tips and tutorials. So head on over to Prairie Fairy Designs and check it out!

Thanks once again Prairie Fairy!

Lets see what the girls have created using images by Prairie Fairy :)



Dee
Here is my tag using the Holly Fairy from Praire Fairy Designs. I think she looks like my dear sweet daughter and I had to use her on my circle tag. There's lots of room to write a special message for your loved ones. The image is colored with Copic markers and I did a neat background effect.


Tags are not something I normally do, but think I will def start doing more since they take no time at all!! And they are useful little things. I used our sponsors images (Prairie Fairy Designs). On the left we have Sweets for Santa & on the right we have Tree Fairy. I used my friends Cricut to cut the tag shapes (now I want a Cricut! lol) & also stole her gromets to set the tone of the tags. All of my hardware is from my SU Hodge Podge set & the papers are mix & match CTMH. The bouquet of flowers are WOC. A little bit of stitching, a little bit of punching & sponging & VOILA!
I used Prairie Fairy's Mistletoe Kisses for my tag and coloured the image with Promarkers, for the furry borders on her coat & pompom I used some puffy snow product (which unfortunately is in a completely unmarked bottle so I have no idea what it's called or where it came from!!) and added some glitter whilst still wet. I added glossy accents to her glasses and to the holly on the greeting. I used a Nellie Snellen die to cut the oval, edged it with ink and added a narrow ribbon to finish. The tag itself I cut from a piece of white cardstock and inked the edges with Distress inks, spritzed with a gold pearl pigment mixed with water then stamped holly leaves right around the border. I added a little piece of Stampin Up patterned paper edged with a Martha Stewart border punch and finished off with three small brads. Finally added an eylet and some ribbon to complete the tag.



My tag is made using a digi stamp from Prairie Fairy Designs called Decorating The Tree.

The image is coloured with Promarkers with Sakura clear glitter pen added to the baubles and parcel ribbon, Gold Stickles on the star and Star Dust on the fur trim. I cut the image layer and the gold mat with a Nellie Snellen die. I added a similar corner to the snowflake paper and matted all these layers onto the base paper which has been edged with a metallic gold pen.
The papers are DCWV and the ribbons and eyelet are from my stash.


My tag is made from a digi stamp from Prairie Fairy Designs called Try Outs! Quite what a lion is doing in the snow I have no idea; but I think it's really cute that they are wearing pretend antlers, and I guess they are 'trying out' for the position of rudolph! I coloured the animals in with promarkers and the sky with Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass DIs. I made some hills with Old Paper DI, but they are not showing up too well, and then used Snowtex to make a textured snow bottom. I dabbed some on the animals heads and antlers as if they were sitting in a snow storm and added Glamour dust to all the snowtexed areas. Cut out with a nestie and matted onto blue glitter card, I added an eyelet and some ribbon to finish it off.


As always you have 2 weeks to enter this challenge so get your thinking caps on and have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Great challenge girls! fabby DT cards too!
    I have used a tag that I made for my candles to make a card for your challenge hope that's ok?
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun challenge! Love all the DT samples!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My my what wonderful tags everyone has made.
    Very very impressive.
    His Lordship(TH) has a lot to answer for!
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.