We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 28 November 2011

Crafty Cardmakers #57 Heat Embossing and DT call extension

Thanks for your entries to our recycling challenge last time. There were some fabulous creations amongst them and I had a really hard time choosing a Top 5 and Winner.

Winner

24. Lee with this amazing creation

image

image

Top 5

4. LaDiva

  image

8. Daniele 

image

30. Ria (Age 15)

 image

36. Hayley

image

image

49. Fiona (Age 10)

image

If the winner could contact me via the email address on the right hand side bar I will sort your prize out for you, and please feel free to display the winner’s and top 5 badges on your blogs.

I am also extending the Design Team call which I posted last time as I realise that recycling is not to everyone’s taste and I wanted you all to have a chance to enter if you wanted to. Don’t worry about taking on too much commitment this side of Christmas because we won’t start you until we come back after our Christmas break in January, so you can apply and still get your Christmas cards made in time!

If you fancy a spot on the team please read all about it here, and add your name with your heat embossing challenge in the linky list below, adding DT after your name. If you did apply last time, don’t worry we will still be choosing from those entrants as well.

So onto this time’s challenge, as the title says Heat Embossing. This challenge is hosted by Josephine and this is what she had to say about it:

‘Any technique using heat embossing - stamping or ultra-thick embossing powder or something else I haven't thought of!’

We are sponsored for this challenge by The Stampman and on offer is this fabulous prize of some Starburst Stains pots.

STARBURST-STAINS-holiday-wreath

We are kindly sponsored for this challenge by The Stampman (and Lady of course!) who are offering the winner the lovely prize pictured above.
Starburst Stains Brush on The Fun - Holiday Wreath
Deep, rich, vibrant colours with a two-toned shimmer!
These are all dye based products, which give them that vibrancy and can be used on any porous surface, (paper, wood, fabric, balsa, chipboard, etc).
Instructions on how to use: Add hot water, (filtered preferably, especially with the stains), let sit at least 10 minutes.
Shake or stir before each use.

Here is what the team came up with

Josephine

image

Well, this time on the Spotlight Challenge, it's my choice of technique, and I chose Heat Embossing. You can do anything you want as long as it includes some heat embossing.

I used this technique for the background on the card below. The butterflies were stamped with Versamark ink onto a shiny shoe catalogue then embossed with gold. For the centre image, I stamped and heat embossed the image onto white card, then I coloured the image with Sakura Stardust pens which give the end result a 'jeweled' effect that I like.

Tracy

image

For this challenge I used a bargain alphabet set, some Versamark ink, clear embossing powder and lots of card scraps to make corner bookmarks to go into my Christmas cards just to let people know I'm thinking of them. I enjoyed making these but next time I don't think I will make quite as many as 40 took a while. There are some basic instruction on my blog if you want to have a go at a corner bookmark.

Beth

image

For this challenge I used a wooden stamp that I found whilst rummaging around for something else!  I used Versamark to stamp onto Clarity cardstock and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold embossing powder.  I then layered the card onto some plain black cardstock and some gold cardstock I had in my stash.  For the base card I folded an A5 sheet of black card in half, and embossed the corner using one of my favourite La Blanche foam stamps.  To complete the card I used a pink satin ribbon tied in a simple bow.

Kimx

image

This was an easy challenge for me as embossing has to be my all time favourite thing to do :)
The background panel has been created using an Embossed resist technique which I will explain in detail on my blog. The main panel has been stamped and embossed and then coloured using distress inks which I have sponged over the image. The entire panel has then been coated in clear embossing powder which when heated gives  a slightly pitted and shiny finish. The stamp set is a clear set by Artemio.

Doreen

image

Sally

image

  Not an easy challenge for me, as most of my attempts at heat embossing seem to turn out a bit squiffy. lol. Anyway, practice makes perfect & here's my effort. I covered my card base with stripy paper, coloured the wooden numbers with my Whispers pens, then double embossed them with pink embossing powder. I matted them onto green card & doodled around the edges. Some worded ribbon, a few pearls, a punched heart & a peel off sentiment complete my design.

Jack

image

I luuurve heat embossing but don't do it often enough, so I really enjoyed this challenge.  I used a stamp from Inkadinkado, stamped it in Encore silver and then embossed it with Holographic EP. 

Feebsy

image

For this card I decided to try out a new technique I've learned recently called faux enameling to create the base background to the card. I also created the golden globe by triple embossing. I'll describe both of these techniques in detail on my blog. The images have all been aged and stamped with distress inks. I chose gold as a contrast for the embellishments and layering.

Susie

image

For my card I have stamped the Stampin Up! Medallion stamp with Versamark Ink onto black card and then Heat Embossed using a white puff up Embossing powder.After cutting out the Medallion I then added Gem to the blank circles on the embossed stamp. I then matted and layered onto my base card and added chiffon ribbon. The patterned paper is Sprinkled with Twinkles by Pink Petticoat. I have edged with lavender Stickles.

Jenni

image

For this card I started by covering my cardstock with designer paper then I die cut the bauble shapes from 3 different patterned papers and inked them with a Versamark (clear) embossing pad and added ultra thick embossing powder and heated it, repeating the process 3 times until I had a good thick covering. I then inked up some flourish stamps with gold ink and while the embossing powder was still in a liquid state stamped the flourishes, waiting until it cooled a little before removing the stamp. I added ribbon and threads and a stamped greeting to complete the card.

Jackie

image

I usually like heat embossing, but I struggled a bit with this challenge.  The card I ended up with was about 7th in the line of those cards discarded because for one reason or another I wasn't satisfied with them....   I suspect I need to do more heat embossing to get my mojo back! Anyhow, this one has a heat embossed swirl in the top left corner using versamark ink pad and gold detail powder.  The topper was triple embossed with ultra thick to make an "enamel tile".

Vix

image

image

For this challenge I used the Holiday Wreath starburst stains set which is our prize from The Stampman this fortnight.  Its a gorgeous set and you can also make lovely spring pinks and greens with it too.  I've stamped the NOEL stamp and embossed with Moonglow embossing powders (from a christmas set) over the holiday wreath starburst stains then mounted on white and more SS with 3d pads so it really sticks out.  The swirl in the corner is also embossed and I added sticky gems (That come in 4 sizes on one sheet - fab!)

Melly

image

I decided to do a simple card with a little embossing! I first embossed  my text in gold powder then in a pearl white to make it more soft. next I done the flowers in the same way with the gold and then the pearl white. Added some ribbon and small gems to finish my card.

Lin

CCM 57 1

I printed out a square and A4 sheet from the gorgeous Artylicious Seasons’ Greetings CD, and then embossed in white detail powder the fabulous baroque Christmas tree from IndigoBlu. The snowflakes are a Memory Box die, dies to die for an no mistake! The presents under the tree have been hanging around in my stash since forever.

I am sure the team would appreciate it if you stopped by their blogs!

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

Please post your entries for our Heat Embossing challenge here. Thank you for entering and Good Luck! Don't forget to add DT after your name if you are interested in joining our team

ARGHHHH SORRY I understand Mr. Linky was AWOL, if he disappears again please add your link in the comments section.


6 comments:

  1. Wooowhooo! I cant believe Ive won! This is my first ever win and only my second time entering one of my creations into a challenge! YIPPEEE! Im just a little bit excited as you can see! Thank you so much, I will email you straight away. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous DT projects this week again! :) I forgot to add DT to the end of my submission...hoping your remembered me from last challenge! Thanks for another fabulous challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Inspiration from everyone!!!
    Thanks for the chance to be a DTM & for such an amazing Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Riti

    email - ritibanka@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant challenge and I really enjoyed making my butterfly box for this challenge.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all your fabulous inspirational cards DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.