We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 25 January 2016

#156 Punches and/or Dies

Maike is hosting our challenge today and the theme is Punches and/or Dies

You are welcome to enter anything as long as you have used either punches or dies, or even both, and please don't forget to enter no more than 15 challenges including this one.

Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

For this challenge I wanted to create a card only using dies and punches. Normally my cards all have at least a stamped image, so that was a real challenge for me, but I do like the result very much ;o)
 
I am trying to build up my collection of birthday cards so that was what I decided to do for this challenge. The dies I've used are all by Spellbinders. Hope you enjoy looking, Angela x

I used a new die my hubby bought for me for Christmas and backed it with a Spellbinders die. Sentiment is also die cut.
 
I created the greeting in Photoshop Elements and used Spellbinders dies to cut that and the mat, and then I die cut pieces for the flowers using a variety of dies from Sizzix and Cheery Lynn. 
 
I have used various dies from Tattered Lace as well as one of their CD ROMs to make this card. 
 
I used a stencil and modelling paste for the background of my card then splattered the background with Brusho.  The die cut leaves were run through an embossing folder and then painted with blue and silver paint.  To complete my card  I added some small gems and sequins after I arranged my die cuts. 
 
I've used a tattered lace die for the card base, mats and layers and flowers, and some tonic  punches for additional flowers.
 
 
I have used just a combination of dies on my card, details on my blog

I have chosen to use some Sue Wilson dies for my card.
I used the dies to create my own embossing folder as well as the floral embellishment.

I have combined some flower dies and a heart shaped die from Marianne Designs with some papers from Craftwork Cards.

Using Die'sire Create A Card Die

This cute little image is  'Lil Girl Prayin' by Phyllis Harris.  For the challenge I have used a lattice die, prayers die, Spellbinders circle die and flower punch. 

I have used an Inkylicious Stamp heat embossed it and a Spellbinders Oval Die.
 

CCM Blog Signature

11 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower of your wonderful blog. I read the challenge rules, used a punch on my card and have less than combined total of 15 challenges entered for this entry. Have a BEE-utiful day!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning creations by the team!!! Wow wow wow!!! Just beautiful.
    Thank you for this lovely challenge and for allowing more than just cards! :)
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards by the DT..so fun to see such pretty colors and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creations from the DT!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the fabulous challenge and amazing DT work for added inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...awesome inspirations from all DT - I love them all. Your creations are so different but just fantastic!!! GREAT!!!

    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. The DT creations are just gorgeous - thank you for posting this challenge! Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great DT inspiration, and wonderful cards submitted by the players in your challenge! So many pretty entries! Thank you for the fun challenge! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Dt inspiration!
    thank you for great challenge!
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for a fun challenge and the gorgeous inspirations Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooops I was too late for the linky ladies but here is my card anyway:
    http://coopsclutteredcorner.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/feminine-50th-birthday.html

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.