We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 29 June 2020

#260 Create Your Own Background


Jackie is hosting today's challenge, Create Your Own Background

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece or home decor, as long as it meets the theme.

This will be our last challenge until August 17th so the team can enjoy some time doing other things!

Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

Jackie

My background was made using a simple stamp and masking technique to create the centre "topper" for the sentiment. Very simple, and quick!

Josephine

I've used a Crafter's Companion rotating background stamp, memento ink, and dies from Sizzix and Elizabeth Craft to make this card.

Judy

To create my background I blended several shades of Distress Oxides on watercolour paper and then sprayed watercolour paper with water. The flowers were stamped with VersaMark and embossed with gold embossing power and then the flowers were coloured Mungyo Water Colors.

Glenda

I used an old technique of combining shaving cream and ink in a bowl and gently pressing cardstock on top of it. When dry I added the leaves , flower and sentiment.

Marlene

For my card I have used Distress Inks and Memento Inks and coloured the Birds with Copics
the stamps were free from a magazine a while back

Mary

I created my background paper by using part of the rose stamp from Carnation Crafts 'Before the Rainbow' collection and colouring it using Derwent Coloursoft pencils. I then matted and layered this onto dark and light orange card. I used the same colours for the mats and layers for the decoupaged rose flower which was cut from a downloaded vignette using a Carnation Crafts die.

Angela

To create this background I made an A4 Masterboard with a mop up sheet of card and Altenew leaf stamp. The main image and the sentiments are also by Altenew and the stitching by Crescendoh.

Tutorial for making is available on my blog.

Jo

For this simplest of backgrounds I blended 3 inks, stamped over & finished
with some gems.

Maike

I love ink-blended background and colours in rainbow order, so I thought I would combine those two for this card. Have a lovely week and happy crafting everyone ;o)

Kimx

I used a Multiple Resist Technique for the background of my card made with Airless Mister Sprays and an Andy Skinner stamp.

My background was created with distress inks and bleeding art tissue paper, and it's a view inside my brain right now!  Please see my blog for more details

Dr. Monika

 I have made these colourful backgrounds for cards, using Papericious sprays, Tubby Craft pigment inks and Tim Holtz distress inks. I made cute tiny flowers using sizzix and stamps are from Mudra and Tubby Craft.

We look forward to seeing what you can come up with, and see you back here on 17th August


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Lovely inspiration from the team and a great challenge theme, thank you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful DT work ladies! I made the back ground papers myself by food coloring die my sheets of paper.
    Greetings Maia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.