A few months ago, I read that Google Reader would be no more as of this year. I have to admit I was irritated, after all, it wasn’t broke, so why dump it! Anyhow I had a read around and finally I have settled on
So if you have been using Google Reader to keep up with your favourite blogs, you may have received a notice a LONG time ago that it was going away. You probably thought, “Oh, I have plenty of time.” Or like a lot of folks, you may not even have noticed the intention to dump it.
From today 1st July, Google Reader is no more. If you’ve been using it to read our blog posts, start following us by email link over there >>> or Bloglovin’.
Bloglovin’ is a fun, new way to keep up with your favourite blogs. Here’s what you need to know about switching:
1. It’s easy. If I can do, you can too. The process to set up your account is quick and simple. Check out my detailed instructions below to guide you through the process step-by-step!
2. You can import your blogs from Google Reader with the click of a button.
Yup, no manual adding blogs for you! Bloglovin’ will take care of it for you, easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
3. Prefer to read blogs on your mobile device? No problem – Bloglovin’ has you covered! Download the free app for access to your favorite blogs when you’re on the go.
4. You can sort your blogs into different categories, which you can create yourself - Hey maybe Google did us a favour there then.
5. If you’re a blogger – claim your blog easily. You can claim your blog by adding in a verifying link to the top of a post. From there, customize your profile and more!
For setting up an account with Bloglovin’ (detailed, step-by-step, no fail instructions!) go to www.bloglovin.com.
If you have a few minutes today (or as soon as it’s convenient) make sure you make the switch to Bloglovin!
And do it fast before you lose us and we cry!! You don’t want to be responsible for a bunch of grown women sobbing all over their paper stacks! Wrinkled paper is no good to anyone.
PS. If you are looking for our current challenge it’s here
and our latest winners are here